Just like tailgate parties, Bluetooth speakers come in a variety of sizes to suit different needs and budgets. All of them let you stream music or audio content from your phone, but there’s a lot more to consider. All of the models we recommend offer long playtimes of up to 24 hours and
JBL Boombox 2: Best Overall Speaker
Ultimate Ears Hyper boom: Best Runner-Up Speaker
Tribit XSound Go : speakers with the best value for money
Sony SRS-XB43 : Best mid-size speaker
Anker Soundcore Motion Boom : Mid-size speaker with the best value for money
JBL Ghettoblaster 2
Why we chose it,
With a powerful 80 watts, the Boombox 2 is JBL’s most powerful portable speaker. This makes it ideal for large groups where you need a lot of high quality sound. Unlike many larger models, the Boombox 2 is also fully waterproof, with an IPX7 rating (see FAQs). It can wirelessly connect to other compatible JBL speakers to “magnify” the sound, and you can switch between two Bluetooth devices. With a USB output, you can also charge other devices. It comes with a one year warranty.
Ultimate Ears Hyperboom
If you prefer a vertical speaker rather than a “boombox” design, we recommend the Hyperboom. As Ultimate Ears’ largest and loudest speaker, it’s ideal for delivering great sound to a large group. It increases a Bluetooth range of 150 feet, can charge other devices, and connects wirelessly to other Ultimate Ears speakers. It also comes with a microphone. The Hyperboom is water resistant with an IPX4 rating, but unlike the JBL Boombox 2, it’s not fully waterproof. It comes with a two year warranty.
Tribit XSound Go
The XSound Go delivers excellent clarity and a surprising amount of punch for a small, affordable speaker. And at only about seven inches long, it’s super easy to carry around. The 16-watt XSound Go has a Bluetooth range of 100 feet and up to 24 hours of playtime. It’s also fully waterproof with an IPX7 rating. It doesn’t have some extras of more expensive models, e.g. B. the ability to connect to an app or charge other devices. The XSound Go is available in black or blue and comes with an 18-month warranty.
If your gathering or budget doesn’t justify a larger speaker, the mid-size Sony SRS-XB43 is a great alternative. It’s about six inches shorter than the JBL Boombox 2 and more than half the price. But its four speakers still deliver great, punchy sound. The SRS-XB43 is also rated both water and dust resistant, has tasteful built-in lighting effects, can be used to charge other devices, and can wirelessly connect to other compatible Sony speakers for wider sound pressure. It comes with a one year warranty.
Anker Soundcore Motion Boom
If you’re looking for a mid-range speaker and want to spend less than the Sony SRS-XB43, we recommend the Soundcore Motion Boom. With 30 watts of power output, it delivers surprisingly good sound for the price, can charge other devices and is fully waterproof (with an IPX7 rating). It even floats on water. The audio can be customized using the Soundcore app and the speaker can be wirelessly paired with another Motion Boom speaker. It comes with an 18-month warranty.
QFX Portable Bluetooth Speaker – PBX-61081BT SI Silver – Outdoor Party Aux Wireless with Built-in 8″ Subwoofer
- THE SPECS – This portable sound system features an 8″ woofer, amplifier, equalizer and up to 2,600 watts of power for clear sound quality – Comes with remote control, power cord and auxiliary cable
- EASY TO TRANSPORT – This large speaker is easy to take with you thanks to the retractable handle and caster wheels – don’t sweat even over rough terrain, at only 12 pounds it’s easy to carry
- BLUETOOTH, AUX AND MORE – You can stream the music a number of ways with our wireless sound system – no Bluetooth, no problem! – Just connect via the aux cable, USB port or micro SD card, or just relax and let the DJ choose with the built-in FM radio
iLive ISB659B Wireless Tailgate Party Speakers with Integrated Battery and Wheels Black
- Bluetooth wireless speaker supports A2DP profile (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile); Wireless range of 60 feet
- Built-in 8 inch woofer and 2 inch tweeter, 2 microphone inputs and USB port for mobile phone charging
- Voice prompts announce speaker functions, built-in FM wire antenna and LED display
Gemini Sound MPA-2400 20″ 240W Watt Wireless Portable Rechargeable Weatherproof Bluetooth Trolley Tailgate Speakers with LED Party Lights 6 DSP Modes Mic/Guitar Inputs FM Radio USB
- WEATHER RESISTANT: The Gemini MPA-2400 is made of strong and durable material and thanks to the IPX4 rating you can endure all your adventures come rain or shine. With this portable Bluetooth speaker, you can listen to your favorite music without worrying about damaging it.
- POWERFUL DYNAMIC SOUND: This party audio speaker features a superb 10″ woofer and 3″ tweeter with powerful 240 watts of peak power, delivering crisp and clear sound with impressive volume. Featuring 6 DSP MODES that shift your speaker from normal to pop, rock, classical, country and jazz.
- RECHARGEABLE AUDIO SYSTEM: Experience intense bass and powerful wireless sound on the go with a built-in rechargeable battery that provides up to 18 hours of incredible playtime anywhere. This wireless stereo speaker is equipped with multi-colored LED party lights, perfect for indoor or outdoor parties.
iLive Wireless Tailgate Party Speakers, Mic-in, Built-in Battery, Black (ISB310B)
- Bluetooth wireless enables easy wireless pairing of Bluetooth-enabled devices; Supports Bluetooth v5.0 with a wireless range of 60 feet
- 2 8 inch full range speakers, FM scan radio and microphone input
- Create a party atmosphere with the LED light effects; Micro USB port for charging the battery
6.5″ Bluetooth dual tailgate portable speakers with WaveSync 7-color flashing LED lights, rechargeable, up to 5 hours of playtime
- Bluetooth With the latest generation of Bluetooth, you can move anywhere within 30 feet of the speaker and play music wirelessly. It works with iPhone, Android, Windows, Blackberry, Mac and any Bluetooth compatible device. WaveSync Technology With WaveSync technology built into this speaker, you can pair two speakers via Bluetooth and play the same music.
- To set up WaveSync, put both speakers in Bluetooth mode and simultaneously press the WaveSync button on each speaker for 5 seconds and the speakers will confirm pairing. Every time you turn on both speakers and put them in Bluetooth mode, they will remember the pairing and connect to each other automatically. The songs you play from your phone will play on both speakers, and you can control the volume of each speaker separately with its volume controls.
- LED Woofer Light The 7 color flashing LED lights inside the woofer move with the sound of the music and is a great addition to any party. The light can be turned on and off as needed. SD/USB MP3 player With the included SD and USB connections, you can use your USB or SD cards as albums or playlists by placing your music files on them.